PADI Discover Scuba Diving
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Min 10 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Are you a beginner scuba diver looking to experience the best diving locations near Cabo San Lucas? Join us on our PADI Discover Scuba Diving excursion where you’ll learn the basics of scuba diving and then get to put those skills to the test while visiting Cabo’s best beginner diving locations: Pelican Rock and the North Wall. Your day begins at our Five Star Dive Center where you’ll receive a safety brief from our certified dive instructors and then get to practice in a shallow dive pool. Once you feel ready to take on the ocean, we’ll hop aboard a scuba boat and head towards the dive site that will take you 20-40 feet below the surface. Underwater you’ll get to swim next to huge boulders and witness an abundance of sea life including octopus, pufferfish, stingrays, and more. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to learn how to scuba dive and experience the best diving locations in Cabo.
Note: June to December offer the greatest visibility, warmest water and longest periods of calm weather. Visibility can exceed 100 feet, and the temperature averages between 78°F and 85°F.
What to expect of a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience in Sea of Cortez
- Join certified dive instructors for a short orientation
- Test your skills and gain some confidence in shallow water
- Once you're ready, be taken up to 20-40 feet below the surface
- Encounter schooling fish and brilliant coral formations indigenous to the Sea of Cortez
Enjoy your First Scuba Diving excursion
In this dive, we'll swim next to huge boulders covered with sea fans, sponges, tropical fish, eels, guitarfish, seahorses, scorpion stonefish, octopus, pufferfish, sometimes stingrays and mobule rays as well as turtles passing by.
There is no better way to discover scuba than with the professional team of Cabo Adventures' PADI Five Star Dive Center. Don't miss out and enjoy your vacation to the fullest!
- Dives: 1
- Boat: 46" Newton Special
- Water Temp: 25-30°C / 77-86°F
- Average Visibility: 12 m / 39 ft
- Depth: 9-15 mts / 30-50 ft
What's included in this tour
- PADI certified Dive Instructor
- Wetsuit (in winter)
- Water and light refreshments
What do you need to know before you book
- Scuba diving equipment fee: $40 USD
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Maximum age: 60 years old
- Maximum weight: 265 lbs (120 kg)
- Expecting mothers are restricted
- Based on PADI’s flying after diving recommendations, beginner divers shouldn’t fly within 12 hours after a dive
- Guests with respiratory, cardiovascular or ear problems are restricted
- Avoid being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while diving
- Good mental and physical conditions are required
- An acknowledgment of risk will need to be signed before participation
- All divers will be asked to complete a medical clearance questionnaire
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests
- Add round trip transportation in an air-conditioned van from most hotels in Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo for just 7 USD per traveler. Call us at +1-800-916 8734 or email us to book this service
Sign up for your class here!
What to bring
- Money for scuba diving equipment fee
- Change of clothes
- Money for optional purchases
- Biodegradable Sunscreen
- Additional items will be covered with the dive instructor prior to course
- Discover Scuba... A beginner lesson in confined water + one-tank dive would be part of your adventure in the Bay of Cabo San Lucas. The program is organized as a package with a total duration of 3 hours.
By PADI standards the group ratio is one Diver Instructor per 4 beginner divers.
LEARN TO DIVE COURSES
PADI CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS