PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Min 8 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They're what the Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don't have to be "advanced" to take it - this course is designed to go right after the Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course, offered by Cabo Adventures' PADI Five Star Dive Center, helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water.
This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your instructor. This course builds on what you've learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
If you are interested in getting back into diving or want more information, please reach us out at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't Spend Vacation Time in a Classroom
Scuba Diving it's something you've always thought about doing. Now you can learn to dive when it's convenient for you with PADI eLearning. You'll learn the basic principles of scuba through PADI's interactive, online program. Go at your own pace, on your own time anywhere there's internet access. Complete you eLearning before arriving in Cabo and start diving right away with the expert team of Cabo Adventures' PADI Five Star Dive Center. Click Here if you don't want to spend vacation time in a classroom.
Enjoy learning new abilities!
One reason you'll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from different types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at Deep diving in a huge canyon, navigation, fish identification in the 'World's Aquarium', peak performance buoyancy and much more.
What you learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver Course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive Planner (eRDP)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
If participating in a course of any level you will be required to pass a medical assessment form.
Please read and take into consideration the following guidelines when planning to book a Scuba diving tour with Cabo Adventures:
- Certified divers with a long time out of the water will be required to complete a refresher course
- Failure to produce a valid cert card or logbook will be treated as beginner and the diver will be required to complete a quick review, some skills and da shallow dive with an instructor at a small additional cost
- Depths limits correspond to experience level
- Supervision is maximum of 1 guide per 3 buddy groups
- If you do not have your own surface marker buoy divers will ascend as a group using the buoy of the guide when the first person is low on air when not in the Pelican rock safety area
- An Acknowledgement of Risk will need to be signed before participating in any of our dive programs
What's included in this tour
- PADI certified Dive Instructor
- PADI course materials
- PADI certification & fees
- Scuba Equipment
- Wetsuit (in Winter)
- Water and light refreshments
- Round trip transportation in an air-conditioned van from most hotels in Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo
What do you need to know before you book
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Expecting mothers are restricted
- All certified divers must provide proof of certification
- Based on PADI’s flying after diving recommendations, certified divers shouldn’t fly within 18 hours after two or more dives in a day
- Guests with respiratory, cardiovascular or ear problems are restricted
- Avoid being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while diving
- Good mental and physical conditions are required
- An acknowledgment of risk will need to be signed before participation
- All divers will be asked to complete a medical clearance questionnaire
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests
Sign up for your class here!
What to bring
- Change of clothes
- Certification Card
- Money for optional purchases
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Additional items covered with the dive instructor prior to course
- Resort Class + 1 tank dive... Taking a pool lesson with our diving specialists at participating resorts in Los Cabos. Lessons take about 2 hours and course completion prepares you for a one-tank dive.
- Discover Scuba... A beginner lesson in pool + one-tank dive would be part of your adventure in the Bay of Cabo San Lucas. The program is organized as a package with a total duration of 3 hours.
The maximum group size is 3 divers to one guide.
LEARN TO DIVE COURSES
PADI CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS