PADI Open Water Diver Partial Referral
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Min 10 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Start scuba diving faster with our open water referral course that lets you complete your bookwork and the confined water portion of your PADI open water certification at your local dive shop.
That way, you get to spend more time under Cabo’s beautiful waters enjoying unparalleled views of the marine ecosystem as you finalize their PADI qualification with the necessary four open water dives.
Our experienced PADI certified instructors at Cabo Adventures' PADI Five Star Dive Center will be with you every step of the way as you embark on and complete the next phase of your certification. After your dives, you’ll be qualified to explore oceans all over the world!
What Exactly Is an Open Water Referral Course?
Open Water Referral courses are a flexible way to earn a scuba diving certification. Students can complete each phase of their training in distinct segments, including completing the theory portion of the certification online from anywhere and the pool work with the dive shop closest to the city they call home. That local shop then issues the referral forms that are required before the student can complete the open water dives required to earn a complete PADI certification.
As part of the course, expect to review your forms and some basic dive theory with your instructor. He or she simply wants to make sure that you haven’t forgotten any of the information you need to have to dive safely. Don’t be intimidated if you’ve forgotten a thing or two since you completed your book and pool work! Your instructor will review anything you’re not clear on and can take you through a quick skill review in the pool if they feel it is necessary. Remember, your first dive will be a lot more fun if you feel comfortable with the equipment!
The Advantages of Taking an Open Water Referral Course
When you complete the book work and pool work parts of the scuba certification course before your vacation, you don’t have to budget time for study on your holiday. More importantly, you can devote all of the time you need to learning the ins and outs of diving instead of rushing through the required theory. As a result, you may have a better grasp of the material than PADI certification students who do their bookwork while on vacation.
You’ll also have more time to practice in the pool with equipment when you’re back home and once you’re in Cabo, you won’t need to cram an entire dive course into your vacation schedule. Our open water referral course can be completed during a brief two day stay in Los Cabos!
What You Need to Bring
To complete our open water referral course, you will need to bring either an inter-agency referral form or the Universal Referral Form signed by both you and your instructor. You will also need to show us the diver's medical statement that you signed before you began training in order to do any open water dives. And don’t forget to bring your logbook! Your signed logbook can serve as a proof of certification if you ever lose your certification card.
What's included in this tour
- PADI Certified Dive Instructor
- PADI Certification
- Scuba Equipment
- Wetsuit (in Winter)
- Bottled water
- Round trip transportation in an air-conditioned van from most hotels in Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo
What do you need to know before you book
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Expecting mothers are restricted
- All certified divers must provide proof of certification
- Based on PADI’s flying after diving recommendations, beginner divers shouldn’t fly within 18 hours after a dive
- Guests with respiratory, cardiovascular or ear problems are restricted
- Be in good mental and physical condition for diving
- Avoid being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while diving
- An acknowledgement of risk will need to be signed before participation
- All divers will be asked to complete a medical clearance questionnaire
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests
Sign up for your class here!
What to bring
- Log Book
- Referral Form
- Course Materials
- Change of clothes
- Money for optional purchases
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Additional items covered with the dive instructor prior to course