Corporate Social Responsibility
Cabo Adventures is committed to giving back to the community through active contribution of time and money to important ecological and social programs. We support a variety of causes, all aimed at enriching the lives of those who live in and visit Cabo San Lucas, while helping to make this a better world for future generations.
- A donation of t-shirts and hats from Adventure Shops Vallartas aimed at the Casa Hogar "Hands of Love at the Bay " was held, in order to support them to the "Bazaar " that held monthly where they receive donations from various people providing items they are no longer useful to them, but are in good condition and are sold at this event, which raises funds to support the Foundation.
- It continues with donations of dog food and cat litter intended Center for Animal Collection, Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Since our company is one of the major donors of food for this center, where there are several animals that have a home and are waiting to be adopted to have a better quality of life.
- The World Association Acces Project, which aims to provide disabled mobility and quality of life. Annually holds an event in Puerto Vallarta, devoting three days to the donation of wheelchairs and other equipment for poor people with disabilities from different communities . So that Dolphin Adventure participates with the Association in support of the closure of the event, making presentations and interactions with dolphins, sea lions and birds, where they expressed their great appreciation and participants that this was an unforgettable experience in your life.
- A Gift Certificate donation was given for a Signature Swim for two people for the amount of $ 4130.00 to be auctioned in the 11th Annual Rhythm & Ribs Event, to raise funds to support children at Casa Hogar "Manos de Amor por Bahía" to provide food, clothing, medical care and more.
- This month we continued with the presentation of the Educational Dolphin Programs, Sea Lions and Birds, for small preschool and primary level kids with the purpose of bringing awareness on the protection and conservation of these specimens. We had a visit from a small preschool where they attended the presentations of our educational programs. A total of 95 preschool students of the school Jardines de Niños Independencia and the school Angloamericano of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco were addressed. Also had an interaction with 40 children of the Primary School “20 de Noviembre", which conducted interviews with staff of Dolphin Adventure, following the subject “My Favorite Animal” included in the Secretaría de Educación Pública.
- A two people gift certificate for the Sea Safari tour was given to be auctioned on a fundraiser in support of the neediest children in Ukraine, as there are thousands of orphans abandoned living in institutions that lack adequate nutrition, and the goal of this event is to raise funds to provide food, clothing, vitamins, medicines, school supplies and toys for children in need.
- Students of the Tourism School from the University of Bogotá, Colombia, visited Vallarta Adventures, since their purpose was to determine the internal organization of an ecotourism company from the begining, operation of their tours and brand positioning worldwide as one of the leading tour companies in Mexico. A presentation of our company was made as well as a tour at the facilities of our dolphin center in Dolphin Adventures, so they could get to see the operation in different areas (veterinary, laboratory, environment, training) and the compliance with various environmental areas, according to current legislation established to achieve Quality Tourism Company Certification.
- A kitten was helped since it previously lost one of its hindlimbs and after an accident was about to lose its other end. However, it was transferred to Guanajuato to undergo both the femoral head surgery, which was successful and saved its end. So that now, he can run and jump with the support of its three legs, for that reason this cute kitten was named "Three Little Legs".
- We continue with donations to the Animal Shelter Center, Puerto Vallarta, Jal., intended for dogs and cats that are on public roads, sick, homeless and without food since there are 65 young dogs and adults, 18 puppies and 10 kittens. Support is basically food because Vallarta Adventure, is the company that is making large donations for their livelihood on food for dogs, and cat litter.
- Presentation of educational programs on dolphins, sea lions and birds was carried out in order to sensitize young children about the importance of the protection and conservation of these specimens, belonging targeting small group of Boy Scouts of Banderas Bay . Small learned of the distribution, habitat, anatomy, feeding, reproduction, longevity, and closing programs with a focus on the protection and conservation of these specimens.
- Vallarta Adventure, a member of the National Network to Whale Entangled (RABEN) and the Navy of Mexico, PROFEPA Delegation Jalisco, Civil Protection, Directorate of Environment and Ecology, Fire Department of the City of Puerto Vallarta, Ecology and Conservation whales AC participated in the care of a whale, with a length of 3.56my weighing approximately 1,500 kg, was located on the beach of Hotel Los Tules, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. was found washed up and lifeless. In this situation, our staff implemented the Protocol of Care for Marine Mammal Stranding, which aims to establish the rules and procedures for the care of these individuals, in order to place it in a suitable place to avoid damages to public health of the population.
- Vallarta Adventures, characterized by the quality of service makes constant renewal of diving equipment. As such equipment is no longer useful which is discharged, such as vests and wetsuits of different sizes are generated. As a socially responsible company, involved in recycling making the donation of this equipment at Bahía de Banderas Technological Institute, the purpose of which is used by students of the School of Marine Biology, or possibly use some pieces in good condition to repair their equipment. The team of Vallarta Adventures, Friends of El Tuito, high school students, employees of the City of Cabo Corrientes and society in general, performed together a day of cleaning in the town of El Tuito, aiming to improve and benefit your community . In this regard, the Mayor of Cabo Corrientes, recognized the great work of groups like Vallarta Adventures and Friends of El Tuito and commented that "they always show their great willingness to help, his positive attitude, his love and commitment to Cabo Corrientes and El Tuito, thank you very much everyone.
- In partnership with PROFEPA we offered two free Whale Watching tours for low income kids. More than 208 elementary and high school children learned from the magnificent humpback whale.
- Whale Watching tour donated to "Asociación del Asilo San Juan Diego, A.C." About 160 people enjoyed this experience and at the same time they helped this old people's home.
- Marietas Islands National Park is for Banderas Bay birds, reefs and fish an important breeding, feeding and resting natural reserve. Adventure Brands works with PROFEPA (from its name in Spanish Procuraduría Federal de Protección al Ambiente) and sponsors most of the necessary elements to make sure the area is well protected.
Inspiring Change 2014
As part of our Inspiring Change Program during 2014 we had about 20 "inspiring" initiatives - some of them took place all year long, some of them were only seasonal and some others are still on the march.
Dolphin Assisted Therapies for Low Income Families
Cabo Adventures is proud to offer a personalized dolphin assisted therapy program to assist children with special needs by providing them with an alternative wellness option of swimming with dolphins...
Animal Protection Association
Our company supports the efforts of Los Cabos Animal Protection Association...
Humpback Whale Protection Assistance Program
Cabo Adventures is constantly working alongside governmental agencies and wildlife organizations...
Toys for Tots
Each and every year, Cabo Adventures joins forces with the American Consular Agency, The Navy League and the Mexican Armed Forces to distribute thousands of toys...