Scuba Diving FAQ
- May I scuba dive in Los Cabos even if I've never done so before?
- What are the depths of the dives and how are they supervised?
- May I bring my own equipment?
- What types of certification programs does Cabo Adventures offer?
- Are there any restrictions that may prevent me from scuba diving?
- Can I create a custom itinerary and/or book a private scuba trip?
- Q: May I scuba dive in Los Cabos even if I've never done so before?
Sure! We offer the best two alternatives for you to experience diving for the first time:
Resort Class + 1 tank dive ... Taking a pool lesson with our diving specialists at participating resorts in Los Cabos. Lessons take about 2 hours and course completion prepares you for a one-tank dive.
Discover Scuba ... A beginner lesson in pool + one-tank dive would be part of your adventure in the Bay of Cabo San Lucas. The program is organized as a package, with a total duration of 3 hours.
- Q: What are the depths of the dives and how are they supervised?
- Depths depend on experience and level. The general guidelines state 60 feet for Open Water and 100 feet for Advanced.
- The máximum group size is 3 buddy teams to one guide. if you have no buddy you will pair up with the guide
- Q: May I bring my own equipment?
Although we provide you with all the necessary equipment for your dive, you may bring your own. However, this does not alter the price.
- Q: What types of certification programs does Cabo Adventures offer?
We offer the following internationally recognized PADI certification programs:
LEARN TO DIVE COURSES
PADI CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS
- PADI Open Water Course
- PADI Scuba Diver Course
- PADI ReActivate
- Q: Are there any restrictions that may prevent me from scuba diving?
Scuba diving has very good safety record but all divers should be aware of the inherent hazards and understand that they should:
- Not present any respiratory, cardiovascular or ear problems.
- Be in good mental and physical condition for diving.
- Avoid being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while diving.
- Be over 10 years old, not be pregnant and not fly within a period of 24 hours after a dive.
- All divers must provide proof of certification. If not the diver will be asked to join a beginners class or complete a refresher course at an extra cost.
- An Acknowledgement of Risk will need to be signed before participating in any of our dive programs.
- Anybody signing up for courses will be asked to complete a medical clearance questionnaire.
- Sign up for your class here! email@example.com
- Q: Can I create a custom itinerary and/or book a private scuba trip?
Yes! If the idea of booking a private dive trip for your friends, family, business colleagues, school, or dive club sounds appealing, our team of adventure experts will be more than happy to put together a special scuba diving trip or itinerary to fit your needs. Please send us an email or call +52 (322) 297-1212 or Toll free from US & Can 888.526.2238 for more information.